Friday, February 1, 2013

Standing on the Promises of God

February 1, 2013

II Pet. 3:9

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (KJV)

I feel such gratitude when I think of the grace and mercy of God. He loves us so much that he has delayed his coming so that those that are lost have a chance to become a part of the blessed family of believers and those of us that are walking with him have a chance to get it right when we miss the mark. We can miss it in so many ways. It doesn't have to be the major missteps on which most believers focus but rather the little things, the weights that can so easily beset us.

I'm thankful that I'm taking inventory of my shortcomings, weaknesses, failings and am making a conscious effort to make my calling and election sure. I daily ask the Lord to bless me and make me a blessing. If we can't help somebody as we sojourn here then we are not truly ambassadors for Christ. It is when we do the things that the Lord requires of us that we can then expect to receive some of the blessings that He has promised us as believers. He promised that he will never leave us nor forsake us so that we may boldly say the Lord is our helper and we will not fear what man shall do unto us.

He will help us in our times of discouragement, times of weakness. His grace is sufficient for us and his strength is made perfect in weakness. He promised us that weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. When we begin to receive and enjoy the blessings of the Lord, you know it's your morning time. The greater the test and trial the greater the blessing. Hold on and be encouraged because those times are for a season and are used to usher you into the deeper things of God.

Many of us have stayed in the shallow waters too long because we feel safer there but it's time to launch into the deep.It is there that the secret things of God await us and to experience it is sheer joy and a peace that passes all understanding. I'm standing on the promises of God. When the Lord makes a promise, he's not like man. He keeps his word.

He promised that no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. I don't know about you but I'm expecting some good things and because I'm expecting them I'm going to receive them. What about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment