Sunday, April 11, 2010

Symbiotic Relationships

I recall when the Lord spoke to me concerning the relationship I have with one of my closest and dearest friends. When the Lord spoke to me, He told me that ours was a symbiotic relationship: Mutually beneficial. I often thought ours was a lopsided friendship because I was in a storm and she was always pouring into me. I felt like I wasn't able to reciprocate as I desired. She would always tell me that as long as I was praying for her and her family, my prayers meant more to her than anything else. Oh, I was praying because that's what happens when you're in a storm. You stay on your face before the Lord and in the process God is enhancing your ministry. As my friend often reminded me, everything we go through is about ministry. You may think it's about you but it never is. It's always about Him.

That was why the Lord said we had a symbiotic relationship. And so it goes. As believers in this life, there are going to be times when you'll be the encourager, the strength and vessel used to see an individual through hard places. Then life's unexpected twists and turns will once again have you be the recipient of someone interceding on your behalf for undeniable victory in another hard fought battle waged by the enemy of your soul. I'm thankful that God placed my intercessory friend in my life when he did and the benefits have been a demonstration of what happens when God orchestrates for us behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment